Stigma and the recent suicides of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain are some of the topics Dr. Hallowell discusses in his YouTube video on Stigma Takes Lives. Watch here.
If you’ve had a family member or know someone who has attempted suicide, you know that with hope comes the very real dread that he or she may try it again. Learn more about the risk in this article on “When A Family Member Survives a Suicide Attempt.”
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Join NAMI’s Stigma Free Pledge
- Families for Depression Awareness
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance.
- The Hallowell Centers
- FDA Fact Stress & Depression Fact Sheet)
- If you are having suicidal thoughts, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to speak with someone, or visit SuicidePreventionLifeline.org where online chats are available 24/7.
- 2018 Awareness Calendar